Monday, October 7, 2013

Our China Family

Lucas and Eli enjoy anything that involves throwing, kicking, rolling or bouncing a ball...any kind of ball.  This is becoming somewhat of an issue as all things involving these activities has been banned from inside the house for good reason.   Having practiced hard at baseball and football they don't really grasp how hard and damaging some of their throws can or could be.

Our house dog loves to play catch and fetch with the boys.  I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've stopped the three of them.  They all look so shocked that it's not allowed....even for the thousandth time I've said it.

Eli let hurl the dog's toy and "accidentally" hit the china cabinet.  Nothing was damaged except my patience.  Once again I said, "Be careful or you could break the china cabinet or knock the china over that is in it."  I don't know what came over him or what he thought he heard but his head whipped around and he said, "WHAT!  That's stuff from our China family?"

No matter what I did to explain china dishes, heirlooms and crystal he is truly convinced that we have relatives from China that gave us their dishes.  I gave up.  As long as their isn't a ball bouncing off the cabinet I'm willing to let him believe that we are some strange Norwegian, French and English Chinese descendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment